Monday, May 3, 2010

Does laffy taffy really make you laugh?

As soon as I finished this manicure, all I kept thinking was that it reminded me so much of grape laffy taffy.

I used to love this stuff when I was younger.  I remember my friend and I going to the local 7-11 and buying tons of flavors.  I think they used to be like 2 cents a piece (boy am I dating myself here).  We used to try all sorts of wacky flavors, but grape was always one of my top choices.
When I set out to do this manicure, taffy was the furthest thing from my mind, now it's all I think about!

For this particular manicure I used a base of Essie's Lilacism.  I used Konad plate M57 for my design with NARS Purple Rain (byhillary reviewed it here and I knew I had to have it!)

Please excuse the messiness-was running a bit late and needed to get pics.

I think this mani is really fun but I am probably going to be changing it tonight or tomorrow.  Just a bit too unconventional for me this week since I have to conduct professional interviews.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Susie said...

VERY pretty. I'm a fool for lavenders. :) The Konading is awesome. :)
Susie