Tuesday, May 4, 2010

She and Him

I just recently purchased this and it has been playing continuously on my IPod. 



This album features music by Zooey Deschanel and Matt Ward.  Zooey wrote most of the songs herself.  For those that do not know, I love Zooey Deschanel.  I love her voice.  I first heard her sing in the movie Elf and could not believe how great she sounded.  (I can't tell you how often I listened to Baby it's Cold Outside which she sings with Leon Redbone.)  For some reason or another her voice reminds me of Billie Holiday, an old school kind of sound that I could listen to for hours.  Of course, realizing this was Volume Two, I immediately went in search of Volume One and have added that to my repertoire. 

I highly recommend giving the songs a listen to.  You can listen to excerpts here courtesy of Amazon and right now it's only $9.99 if you purchase the CD.

No comments: