Monday, May 10, 2010

Embarrassing!

Let me preface this post by saying that I am completely embarrassed by the state of my cuticles! These pics are horrendous!  I have been trying to treat them during the day with a new conditioner stick I purchased as well as at night...hopefully they will look better in my next post.

I wanted to do a blue manicure...not sure why exactly...think it may have just been my mood last week.

I had gone to Ulta and had purchased the new Essie collection (love them) and thought it would be a good time to try out the Lapis of Luxury. 

I love this color in the bottle but hate the way it applies.  As you can see in the first pic, it applies kinda streaky and part of your nails don't look even...very splotchy.  After three coats I gave up and just decided to apply a simple Konad since the base was already not looking too great and I really didn't have the time to start completely over.  I just applied the simply floral Konad pattern with OPI's Yoga-ta get this Blue (love it). 

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Our cuticles look a lot a like.
I was in a blue mood today too and did Konading with a LOT of white over it and can hardly see the blue.
I love yours. Awesome.
Susie

Polish and Powder said...

Cute colour combo, very very pretty!

LisaJ said...

Thanks, its always nice to hear good things ;)

I will say that this color combo got me lots of comments despite the simplicity. Guess I'm wrong is assuming people only like the complicated stuff!