Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Laundry 911

This weekend I had a near meltdown over the loss of my absolute favorite sweatshirt!  It fell victim to a laundry disaster we all can relate to...the oops, guess I forgot to sort, kind of disaster.  Here are the pics of my favorite comfy with the damage.



As you can see, most of the damage is apparent on the sleeves.  It was a horrible dark brown that was very noticeable on the light grey sweatshirt. (I took the pics to show my mom the damage)

I immediately took to the Internet in search of a cure for my mistake.  I had no problem finding all sorts of homemade remedies and such but none really seemed like it made sense. I then decided to enlist the help of a wise woman, my mom, who gave me some advice. 

She had said that her mother had used a product years ago that seemed to work on everything and that she had seen it at the store recently.  She suggested that I try to find it.

This was my magic product!  Fels-Naptha!

I simply wet the stained/dyed areas with cool water and then rubbed the bar directly on the stains.  It kinda made a whitish color but I figured I had nothing to lose.  I immediately put it in a cool wash of Tide to see if I was successful.  And let me say, I was very pleased with the results.



There is some shadowing in the picture but let me assure you, I have asked multiple people and they can see no dye on the sweatshirt and neither can I.  I was absolutely thrilled and as I was sitting here in my comfy I thought I would share my results in case some of you may have done the same thing.

I can not guarantee you will have the same results or that you should even try this...I'm just saying that it worked for me with my old comfy sweatshirt.

No comments: