Friday, May 14, 2010

1001 Hidden Treasures




I've been perusing a lot of blogs lately and many, many bloggers have been posting up their pics and review of Sally Hansen's Hidden Treasure...so I decided to add mine to the list...making it 1001 different reviews ;)
I purchased the Midnight in New York and started out applying that.  It is a nice black with subtle multi-color glitter.  I think the glitter looks a bit more interesting in the bottle than it does on my nail though.  Most people did not notice the glitter when I wore the polish alone, they simply remarked that I was wearing a very dark black...not my usual interesting designs.  I took a pic of it even though its not remarkable.  I also am including a not-so-great pic as my attempt at picking up the tones of the glitter.


See-not so great!

So I wore the black for a couple of days and decided it was just too drab for me...time for some Hidden Treasure overlay!
All I can say is...wow!  I love the Hidden Treasure over the black!  Two of my co-workers noticed it first thing this morning.  One described it as an oil slick that has the sun shining on it because it has so many different colors and it changes as you move your hands.



I think you can really see the red, yellow and green tones it reflects in the light.  It's hard to describe the look too because it does not exactly look like a glitter, the flecks are all different sizes and when applied some form larger areas than others, others just look more like glitter.  It is really interesting!

One of my followers said that she layers it over other cream polishes...so that's something I will definitely have to try in the future.  I am glad I was able to get my hands on two bottles of Hidden Treasure because I think it definitely has some possibilities and I will have to mix it up with other polishes.

On a side note....I was checking these out on Ebay and people are scooping them up for $20 a bottle!  I am so glad I found mine at Walgreen's!

No comments: